Monday, March 7, 2011

Sicky Poo

My boy

He's sick today.  Last night I looked at him in passing and noticed that his cheeks were red and his eyes were glassy.  It was within that split second of just looking at his cute face that I realized that he had a fever.  Insert thermometer here! 
102 degrees!!!
Poor bubbas!
I can't believe that I went all day without noticing that he didn't feel well.  He didn't say anything to me about it, but still I should have noticed earlier.  I felt like the crappiest-Mom-in-the-entire-world for about 5 minutes and then took action.
I immediately gave him medicine and sent him to bed.  He insisted that he wasn't tired, but I'm a mean Mommy and I force my sick kids to stay in bed.  
He's lucky that we have an iPad.  I didn't have an iPad when I was a kid and bedridden with the chicken pox.  Noooo!  I got to stare at my ceiling fan for days and days.  
He slept through the night, and I woke him up at 7am to take his temp again to asses whether or not he should go to school.  
102.6 degrees!!!
Poor bubbas!
I called his school, and canceled my plans for today to stay at home and nurse my boy back to health.  
He's loving every minute of watching Goonies over and over again, and completely missing out on school.  
I'm hoping that he gets better by tomorrow.  He, on the other hand, is hoping that he'll maintain his fever long enough to miss out on the remainder of 3rd grade.  
We shall see who wins this battle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment