Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Aunt Lucy's Fancy Beans


I'm not a huge bean eater, but this side dish is so amazing.  

My Aunt Lucy whips this up during the holidays every now and then, and I loves it.  Hopefully, she wont object to me sharing it with the World.  If she does, then whoooops! 

It's sweet and slightly tangy flavor goes perfectly with almost every type of American meat dish.  Give it a whirl!   

Aunt Lucy’s Fancy Beans


4 onions, sliced in rings (or less, I used 1 & ½ medium onions)
½ lb. Bacon diced
1 lb. Burger (beef or vineson)

Fry above ingredients and drain

Add:
¼ cup vinegar
¼ tsp. Mustard
¾ cup brown sugar
Add 1 can of the following (drain well):
Kidney beans
Navy beans
Butter beans
2 cans of pork and beans

Bake for 1 hour at 350 or heat in a slow cooker on high for 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment