Sunday, March 6, 2011

Night Light!

Here's my #3
She slept through the night for the past 2 nights.  Here's to hoping that she continues this lovely trend.  
Now if only I could shut off my brain at night too.  That would  be even lovely-er.  
You see, I'm on high alert, Mommy-mode.  This is a blessing and a curse.  
The blessing part gives me the ability to hear my children's cries in a sea of other children ie: Chuck E Cheese or the play area at Chick Fil A.  This also give me the ability to decipher a real cry from a "fake" cry.  So that I can quickly yell, "Get over it and stop crying!"  
However, this ability has cursed me because my brain is in the "ON" position at all times.  It thinks that every single grunt or murmur from my #3 is a gateway into Cryville.  This totally stinks because she is a very "grunty" baby and makes those types of noises when she is in the deepest of sleep.  Oy!  
I will constantly send my #3 mental messages at around 8pm every night.  These messages being, 
"Please please pleeeease sleep all night long!"  
I think that she is finally hearing them.  Either that or this lack of sleep is making me loose my ever loving mind. 
 I will hope that it's the former.  

No comments:

Post a Comment