Sunday, September 4, 2011

Life At Home Without Money


Getting to stay at home with all three of my punk-a-roos is such a blessing.  I can't help but think back to the days when our first kid was an infant.  I worked full time for an insurance company during the day, and my husband would stay with our son while I worked.  When I would get home, I'd give my hubby a quick kiss, and then he'd head off to work at night. We never saw each other because we were just trying to make ends meet.  I had no choice but to work.  
Then a few years later God blessed my hubby with a stable job, and our first daughter was born.  We were blessed enough for me to be able to stay at home with her and my son. We lived in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment that was built back in the 50's in a sketchy neighborhood.  Ahhh the memories!
 I'm sure that things would/could be much more stable financially if I worked.  However, since I don't have a  career, I've never landed a job that paid enough to be worth being away from my kids all the time.  My hubby and I feel that it is more important for me to be at home and holding down the fort, than for me to work.  If the hubs came home and announced that I needed to get a job, then I would head out that very second and start looking.  I actually love working.  I love the adult interaction and feeling like I am contributing financially to our wellbeing.  But right now, in this juncture in our lives, I get to stay with my  babies.  Such a blessing! 
95% of the time we are living pay check to pay check.  Yes, this sucks!  Yes, we have debt!  No, we don't have any savings what so ever!  My husband works so hard constantly.  He's always waking up early and coming home super late.  It's a shame that things aren't better for us in the monitory sense, so that he wouldn't have to work so hard.  Yet, when I wake up to my kids in the morning, and I get to spend all day with their smily faces, the financial stresses of life fade away.  My husband loves the comfort of knowing that I am taking care "the home".  And I love it because he openly appreciates it.  
Every single time that I pray, I thank God for making it possible for me to be a stay at home Mom.  We make sacrifices all the time and we don't get to enjoy the finer things in life like vacations or cool toys.  But, hey, in the end all of that stuff doesn't matter.   We try really hard to make the most fun out of every thing that we do as a family.
What does matter is that I get to watch my kids grow.  I get to have a huge influence in their lives in every aspect.  I get to see their funny moments, and their sad moments.  I also get to see moments like this:


Now isn't that worth it?  If she was stuck with a babysitter all day long while I worked, then I would probably not even know about her new hilarious trick.  I would get to see her in the morning, and then I'd get to put her to bed at night 5 days a week.  I want to be there for all the day to day in-between stuff.  My children are my gifts from God himself, and I intend on spending as much time with these gifts as possible, while I can.  

Please do not be offended if you are not a stay at home Mom.  This was not intended to make anyone feel bad at all.  This is just what has happened in my life.  This is simple me, being thankful that I am able to be with my kids.  I know tons of women who have kids AND work out of the home.  My hat is off to these women because I know first hand the aching heart of wanting to be with my kids while I worked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment