Sunday, June 19, 2011

I blame it on Father's Day...

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there.  
In honor of mi padre, here's a montage of pictures for you to feast your eyes upon:  

Dad and my kids at Tom's Farms 

He wears hats like this when he mows the lawn.

Dad showing the boys how it's done.

Look at the intensity in my boy's face.  

Seriously!  What is he doing?

That picture might still be on his desk at work.  

Dad and me chilling at the park.

Dad and Mom at the beach

Dad's "What's up!" face.....
Don't make fun!  I was pregnant with my third right here.

No words!

Dad holding my baby.

Dad at Disneyland with my kiddos

Dad playing Santa for his younger Grandkids.

Dad and his punks.  Don't mind my massively pregnant belly!

Again....no words!  Don't mind my massively pregnant (ahem!) chest.  Sheesh!

My brother, Phillip, and our Dad.

Goooobber!

Dad bracing himself on Space Mountain.

My most favorite picture of all time.

Soaking up the cuddles.

Yes, my Dad was even there when my eldest daughter took her first steps almost 6 years ago.


There was a brief time when I was a teenager that I thought that my Dad didn't know how to handle having a daughter.  Now I know, that it wasn't having a daughter that was the problem, it was the fact that I was a teenager.  Lets face it....none of us are equipped to handle it when our kids turn into teenagers.  My Dad has ALWAYS been there for me.  Even after me being married for 11 years and no longer living under his roof, he still gives and gives and gives to me and my little family.  He is a so generous and loving.  He has taught me so much about what it means to be a parent.  What he has done as a Dad has not gone un-noticed.  
I love you Dad!  Thank you for working so hard, for never turning away from me when I was acting like an idiot, for loving me, for guiding me to the Lord, for loving my husband and our kids, and for always being there for us.  You truly are THE GREATEST!!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment