Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Is a month too long to be on vacation?

To be honest, I don't really know the answer to that question.  I think that after 2 weeks, the "vacation" aspect turns into just being away for a stinkin long time.
This does not mean that I didn't have a great time in Texas!  There were so many things that I loved about my trip.  However, being away from my hubby that long was pretty unbearable.  We missed each other so much and he missed so many Texas "firsts" that I wanted to enjoy with him.

Here are a few things that I did without my husband:

Roller Derby y'all
Swimming at the green of Barton Springs
Swimming at Krause Springs
Taking a ride on the Zilker Zepher
Picnic with our 2 oldest kids at Zilker Park
Getting lost in Austin....thrice
Hanging out with my CA friends.....thrice, again
Amy's Ice Cream
Torchy's Tacos....yuuuummmmmyyyy
Hey, Cupcake!...yuuuuummmmyyyyy
Vacation Bible School with a small church so much better than the mega church one that my kids attended in June because they actually got to know the people who were teaching them
A day trip to Dallas
Getting pulled over by a Bee Cave cop for going 13 miles over the speed limit at 1:30 in the morning.....COME ON!
Having the air conditioning go out in my parents house for half the time that we were there
Baby sitting 4 kids plus my own the kids loved it, but I didn't. I sure could have used his help with this one
Our daughter's 6th birthday
Eating camp food for almost 2 meals a day for 29 days
Seeing our baby roll over back to tummy for the first time

We (my kids and I) had so much fun on our "vacation".  I tried to shove as much as possible into our visit as I possibly could.  There are a few more things that I wanted to do, but couldn't.  I will just have to wait till Christmastime is that correct grammar?.

I'll post a bunch of pictures on my next blog post, but I just need to rest now.  Yes, I'm still suffering from the the phenomenon known as "the time change woozies".  


No comments:

Post a Comment