Saturday, January 7, 2012

I know...I know

It's been over 2 months since I last posted.  I'm a HUGE flake, and I admit it wholeheartedly.  I've been so busy settling into life here in Spicewood, that I've forgotten about my bloggity blog.  I guess the only thing that I can do is catch up on Christmas.  I'll wait on that for a sec and let you know about our journey, or should I say, God's journey for us.

We moved here because we felt lead by God to do so.  This is of course something that I have been praying on for years, but I never wanted to move back home unless God wanted me too.  Finally, He said 'Go!', so I did dog gone it!
We've been living here for a few months with zero income.  Luckily, we had enough saved up to last us for a bit, but not long.  Joe was searching franticly for work, but things just never seemed to work out.  He applied for chump jobs and was shocked that they didn't even call him in for an interview.  Little did we know, God didn't want him to get those jobs.  He had something much better in store for my husband.  Just as the new year came around, my hubby was offered a job for Wave (www.wavegrouponline.com).  A job that will keep him very very busy.  2012 is starting off really well for us.  I'm sure that it will hold a ton of other blessings for my little family.  I am so excited about God's will for our lives.

Okay, Christmas....what about it?  Oh yeah...duh!  It was fun and stressful all at the same time.  We were all very very sick during the holidays.  No fun at all!  My whole little brood was cooped up in our bedroom spreading our sickness back and forth to one another.  It was terrible.
Sorry!  Back on track....

I love Christmas because it brings everyone together, but I hate it because it costs me so much money.  It's true...it does!  Never the less, Christmas went off without a hitch.  Here's a few pics to show that it DID happen, and we were all happy about it.

Here we are seeing some Christmas lights.  We kept having to reschedule going out and looking at lights because we were so sick.  Poor Bella, had a fever in this picture.  Of course I didn't know that until we got home later that night.  Bad Mom award goes too.....!

Here's Izzy on Christmas morning showing off his favorite present.  


Bella showing her favorite present.  I can't believe that my Mom got her that.  Thank the Lord for Grandparents!

Lily enjoyed the paper and boxes on Christmas morning.  I knew that she would which is why I didn't get her any presents.  I know....Bad Mom award! I mean come on!  What kid remembers the presents that they received on their very first Christmas?  NONE OF THEM!  
I digress!

Here's my hubby post freakout over his new Toms.

Bella and I had the job of icing my Mom's annual Christmas cookies.  It was fun, and they were yummy.  I think that I ate 50% of them.  

This was at the last Christmas party of the year at my bro's house.  I think that Lily and Joe were the only ones sick in this picture.  

If you're keeping tabs, Joe is still sick, and the rest of us are all better.  We don't know what is wrong with Joe.  The doctor didn't even know.  Whatever it is, it's affecting his throat and hearing.  Please pray for him!  He needs major healing right now.  Especially now that he's working.  God has blessed Joe with amazing hearing.  He hears things that most people don't.  His job requires his ears to be at their peak performance.  Please pray!!

Another great thing about this past month is that I got to see my Mom's side of the family for the first time in what feels like forever.  My parents and I (yes, only me :-) ) went to Burkburnett, TX to visit my Memaw Bobbie.  My Memaw is getting up there in her years and she can't take care of her farm or her farm equipment like she used to.  So my Uncles set up an auction at her farm, and my Dad went to help.  My Mom and I had the job of keeping my Memaw occupied during the sale.  It would have been too much for her to see all of her life's work being auctioned off to the highest bidder. It was tough but necessary. Us ladies shopped, shopped, and shopped some more.  It was fun!  I was gone for 4 days away from my family, and when I came home my hubby greeted me with a, "Here's the baby!  I'm sick and I'm going to bed."  Poor guy!  He's been sick ever since.      

I am truly enjoying being back in Austin.  Now It get to see plenty of this:

My Mom taking naps with my baby.

My kids playing in the lake with our dog.

and us exploring Austin together.

Since we live so far outside of town, going into Austin is like an epic event.  It is totally worth it though.  I can't wait to explore all that Austin has to offer.  If you have any suggestions, then please share them with me.  I'm always open to going to new places to eat, museums, and anything that is family oriented.  

Stay tuned!  My next blog will be on.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment